Clinical advantages of nicorandil therapy in comparison with isosorbide-5 mononitrate in CHD patients
Bulakhova E. Yu., Korennova O. Yu., Kondrasheva M. N., Kamionko A. O., Stupakova T. F.
Keywords: coronary heart disease, treatment, prognosis
Relevance. Number of clinical studies showed options of better prognosis for CHD patients due to addition of nicorandil to the standard therapy. Objective. Compare clinical efficiency, tolerance and effect on indices of quality of life of the long-term nicorandil (Pik-Farma, Russia) therapy and isosorbide-5mononitrate (I-5MN) in CHD patients with stable exertional angina of pressure FC III. Materials and methods. 100 patients with CHD, stable angina FC III against standard drug therapy were enrolled to the study, were divided to 2 groups comparable by age and gender. In the first group, treatment was supplemented with nicorandil 10 mg 3 times / day, in group 2 – I-5 MN 50 mg / day. The follow-up period made up 12 months. Dynamics of exercise tolerance, cerebral hemodynamics, erectile function, quality of life and hospitalization rate was assessed. Results. Against spent treatment in both groups will reach a positive effect: rarer occurrence of angina attacks, increase of exercise tolerance. Inclusion of nicorandil to treatment of stable angina has extra benefits in comparison with I-5MN: better exercise tolerance with long-term preservation of the achieved response; improvement of cerebral blood supply indices; improvement of erectile function indices; reduction of adverse effects; fewer hospital admissions; assurance of higher indices of patients’ quality of life. Conclusion. Introduction of nicorandil to the clinical practice is a promising approach in CHD patients.
- Оганов Р. Г., Мамедов М. Н. Национальные клинические рекомендации ВНОК. – М.: «Силицея-Полиграф», 2008. – 512с.
- Ольбинская Л. И., Морозова Т. Е., Сизова Ж. М. и др. Фармакотерапия хронических сердечно-сосудистых заболеваний: Руководство для врачей. – М.: «Медицина», 2006. – 386 с.
- Horinaka S. Use of nicorandil in cardiovascular disease and its optimization. Drugs 2011;71 (9):1105–1119.
- Kinoshita M, Sakai K. Pharmacology and therapeutic effects of nicorandil. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 1990;4 (4):1075–88.
- Meany TB, Richardson P, Camm AJ et al. Exercise capacity after single and twice-daily doses of nicorandil in chronic stable angina pectoris. Am J Cardiol. 1989;63 (21):66J-70J.
- Sakamoto T, Kaikita K, Miyamoto S et al. Effects of nicorandil on endogenous fibrinolytic capacity in patients with coronary artery disease. Circ J. 2004;68 (3):232–235.
- Izumiya Y, Kojima S, Kojima S et al. Long-term use of oral nicorandil stabilizes coronary plaque in patients with stable angina pectoris. Atherosclerosis. 2011;214 (2):415–421.
- Sekiya M, Sato M, Funada J et al. Effects of the long-term administration of nicorandil on vascular endothelial function and the progression of arteriosclerosis. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2005;46 (1):63–67.
- Okura T, Higaki J, Kurata M et al. Elevated serum uric acid is an independent predictor for cardiovascular events in patients with severe coronary artery stenosis: subanalysis of the Japanese Coronary Artery Disease (JCAD) Study. Circ J. 2009;73 (5):885–891.
- Sakata Y, Nakatani D, Shimizu M et al. Oral treatment with nicorandil at discharge is associated with reduced mortality after acute myocardial infarction. J Cardiol. 2012;59 (1):14–21.
Bulakhova E. Yu., Korennova O. Yu., Kondrasheva M. N. et al. Clinical advantages of nicorandil therapy in comparison with isosorbide-5 mononitrate in CHD patients. Russian Heart Journal. 2013;12(2):83-87