Sport and physical education clearance of persons with arrhythmia and conduction disorders
Gavrilova E. A.
Keywords: heart rhythm disturbances, sport, exercises
The article reviews Orders of the Ministry of Healthcare and guidelines for experts concerning admission of persons with heart rate and conductivity disorders to doing sports, physical training and sport competitions. Relevance of the problem of admissions is discussed, as well as the following issues: who has the right to give admissions, what examinations are necessary to make admission to doing sports; whether it is possible for persons with heart rate disorders to do sport and train? The analysis of the international Guidelines on interpretation of 12lead ECG in sportsmen and National Guidelines of Society of Cardiology of the Russian Federation about admission to doing sports and participation in competitions of sportsmen with cardiovascular disorders.
- Maron BJ, Doerer JJ, Haas TS et al. Sudden deaths in young competitive athletes: analysis of 1866 deaths in the United States, 1980–2006. Circulation. 2009;119 (8):1085–1092.
- Земцовский Э. В. Спортивная кардиология. – СПб., «Гиппократ», 1995. – 448с.
- Pelliccia A, Fagard R, Bjørnstad HH et al. Recommendations for competitive sports participation in athletes with cardiovascular disease: a consensus document from the Study Group of Sports Cardiology of the Working Group of Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology and the Working Group of Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J. 2005;26 (14):1422–1445.
- Maron BJ, Zipes DP. Introduction: eligibility recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities-general considerations. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005;45 (8):1318–1321.
- Corrado D, Pelliccia A, Heidbuchel H et al. Recommendations for interpretation of 12‑lead electrocardiogram in the athlete. Eur Heart J. 2010;31 (2):243–259.
Gavrilova E. A. Sport and physical education clearance of persons with arrhythmia and conduction disorders. Russian Heart Journal. 2013;12(2):107-111