Russian Heart Failure Journal 2014year Life prognosis in patients with cardiomyopathy and right ventricular injury
Life prognosis in patients with cardiomyopathy and right ventricular injury
Akhmatov Ya. R., Abdullaev T. A., Mardanov B. U., Ganieva N. P., Tsoy I. A.
Keywords: DCMP, prognosis, heart failure
Background. World Health Organization / International Society and Federation of Cardiology guidelines (1995) for the first time classified variants of dilated cardiomyopathy (DCMP). Based on this classification and depending on causative or predisposing factors, several individual clinical forms were defined, including isolated or predominantly right ventricular DCMP. Noteworthy, the present situation in studying DCMP is characterized with quite extensive knowledge of etiology, pathogenesis, therapeutic options and prediction of 55–80 % 5year mortality according to different reports. However the literature on features of clinical course and outcome of specifically right ventricular cardiomyopathy is restricted. Aim. To compare life expectancy of DCMP patients with predominant / isolated right ventricular injury (RV DCMP) and biventricular HF (bi-HF DCMP). Materials and methods. Results of observation were analyzed (including retrospective analysis) for 300 patients with idiopathic DCMP followed up from 2000 through 2012. According to the aim of the study, the following parameters were evaluated (also retrospectively): incidence and causes of fatal outcomes and incidence of non-fatal complications for 5 years. Results. The study of life expectancy showed that the 5year mortality was higher than 40 % and it was similar in patients with RV DCMP and bi-HF DCMP. Causes of death, primarily thromboembolism, were different and depended on the type of heart damage. Conclusion. This pilot study as well as other relatively small studies contributes to understanding of one of the least studied noncoronarogenic myocardial diseases, DCMP with isolated RV injury.
- Bahler AS, Meller J, Brik H et al. Paradoxical motion of the interventricular septum with right ventricular dilatation in the absence of shunting: report of two cases. Am J Cardiol. 1976 Nov 4;38 (5):654–7.
- Richardson P, McKenna W, Bristow M et al. Report of the 1995 World Health Organization / International Society and Federation of Cardiology Task Force on the Definition and Classification of cardiomyopathies. Circulation. 1996;93 (5):841–842.
- Абдуллаев Т. А., Ахматов Я. Р., Бекбулатова Р. Ш. и др. Клинико-гемодинамические проявления правожелудочковой дилатационной кардиомиопатии. Журнал Сердечная недостаточность. 2012;13 (4): 228–232.
- Levine RA, Gibson TC, Aretz T et al. Echocardiographic measurement of right ventricular volume. Circulation. 1984;69 (3):497–505.
- Elliott P, Andersson B, Arbustini E et al. Classification of the cardiomyopathies: a position statement from the European Society Of Cardiology Working Group on Myocardial and Pericardial Diseases. Eur Heart J. 2008;29 (2):270–276.
- Ishikawa K1, Yokoyama K, Araki T et al. A case of right ventricular cardiomyopathy, which involved left ventricle. Kokyu To Junkan. 1990 Dec;38 (12):1269–72.
- Fitchett DH, Sugrue DD, MacArthur CG, Oakley CM. Right ventricular dilated cardiomyopathy. Br Heart J. 1984 Jan;51 (1):25–9.
- Mohan JC, Chutani SK, Sethi KK et al. Dominant right ventricular dilated cardiomyopathy: clinical, echocardiographic and haemodynamic profile. Indian Heart J. 1989 May-Jun;41 (3):177–81.
- Амосова Е. Н. Кардиомиопатии. – Киев: «Книга Плюс», 1999. – 421 с.
- Goya M1, Ouyang F, Ernst S et al. Electroanatomic mapping and catheter ablation of breakthroughs from the right atrium to the superior vena cava in patients with atrial fibrillation. Circulation. 2002 Sep 10;106 (11):1317–20.
- Gaynor SL, Maniar HS, Bloch JB et al. Right atrial and ventricular adaptation to chronic right ventricular pressure overload. Circulation. 2005;112 (9 Suppl): I212‑I218.
- Мрочек А. Г., Атрощенко Е. С., Островский Ю. П. и др. Диагностика и лечение фибрилляции предсердий. Национальные Рекомендации. Доступно на: http://cardio.by / files / rekomend / nrfp.pdf
- Шумаков В. И., Хубутия М. Ш., Ильинский И. М. Дилатационная кардиомиопатия. – Тверь: Триада, 2003. – 448 с.
- Ribeiro A, Lindmarker P, Johnsson H et al. Pulmonary embolism. One-year follow-up with echocardiography doppler and five-year survival analysis. Circulation. 1999;99 (10):1325–1330.
Akhmatov Ya.R., Abdullaev T.A., Mardanov B.U. et al. Life prognosis in patients with cardiomyopathy and right ventricular injury. Russian Heart Failure Journal. 2014;84 (3):168–171