Russian Heart Failure Journal 2012year Study of quality of life relating to the health at chronic heart failure in the elderly patients
Study of quality of life relating to the health at chronic heart failure in the elderly patients
Temnikova E. A., Nechaeva G. I.
Keywords: quality of life, elderly age, CHF
Relevance. Health-related quality of life (QoL) has been studied a lot lately, but practicing physician do not examine and use it when choosing management approach. Objective. Study health-related quality of life in elderly CHF patients observed in the territorial outpatient clinics, and identify influencing factors. Materials and methods. QoL indices of 137 outpatients (average age 80.1±4.04 years) obtained by use of general and specific questionnaires were analyzed. Results. Poor health-related QoL indices were revealed, which did not depend on a CHF stage, FC and age, but were associated with gender and amount of concomitant diseases. In most examined patients, symptomatic CHF with limited physical capacity was registered, however among general QoL indices, the most significant decrease was psychological health. Conclusion. To improve QoL in elderly CHF patients, it is necessary to draw up a management program allowing to influence psychological component of the health as well as objective manifestations of the disease. In this respect the best-proven method is therapeutic instruction of patients and their social environment, and multidisciplinary treatment approach.
- Национальные рекомендации ВНОК и ОССН по диагностике и лечению ХСН (третий пересмотр). Журнал Сердечная Недостаточность. 2010;11 (1):3–62.
- Hunt SA, Abraham WT, Chin MH et al. 2009 focused update incorporated into the ACC / AHA 2005 Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure in Adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation / American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines: developed in collaboration with the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Circulation. 2009 Apr 14;119 (14):e391–479.
- Imazio M, Cotroneo A, Gaschino G et al. Management of heart failure in elderly people. Int J Clin Pract. 2008;62 (2):270–280.
- Новик А. А., Ионова Т. И. Исследование качества жизни в медицине: учебное пособие для вузов. – М.: ГЭОТАР-МЕД, 2004. – 304с.
- Воробьев П. А., Авксентьева М. В., Юрьев А. С., Сура М. В.. Клинико-экономический анализ (оценка, выбор медицинских технологий и управление качеством медицинской помощи). – М: Издательство «Ньюдиамед». – 2004. – 404 с.
- Hanratty B, Hibbert D, Mair F et al. Doctors’ perceptions of palliative care for heart failure: focus group study. BMJ. 2002;325 (7364):581–585.
- Murray SA, Boyd K, Kendall M et al. Dying of lung cancer or cardiac failure: prospective qualitative interview study of patients and their carers in the community. BMJ. 2002;325 (7370):929.
- Baker R, Wu AW, Teno JM et al. Family satisfaction with end-of-life care in seriously ill hospitalized adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2000;48 (5 Suppl): S61–69.
- van Jaarsveld CH, Sanderman R, Miedema I et al. Changes in health-related quality of life in older patients with acute myocardial infarction or congestive heart failure: a prospective study. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2001;49 (8):1052–1058.
- Franzén K, Blomqvist K, Saveman BI. Impact of chronic heart failure on elderly persons’ daily life: a validation study. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2006;5 (2):137–145.
- Bennett SJ, Oldridge NB, Eckert GJ et al. Comparison of quality of life measures in heart failure. Nurs Res. 2003;52 (4):207–216.
- Heiat A, Gross CP, Krumholz HM. Representation of the elderly, women, and minorities in heart failure clinical trials. Arch Intern Med. 2002;162 (15):1682–1688.
- Hobbs FD, Kenkre JE, Roalfe AK et al. Impact of heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction on quality of life: a cross-sectional study comparing common chronic cardiac and medical disorders and a representative adult population. Eur Heart J. 2002;23 (23):1867–1876.
- Ahmed A. Quality and outcomes of heart failure care in older adults: role of multidisciplinary disease-management programs. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2002;50 (9):1590–1593.
- McAlister FA, Stewart S, Ferrua S, McMurray JJ. Multidisciplinary strategies for the management of heart failure patients at high risk for admission: a systematic review of randomized trials. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004;44 (4):810–809.
Temnikova E. A., Nechaeva G. I. Study of quality of life relating to the health at chronic heart failure in the elderly patients. Russian Heart Failure Journal. 2012;13(2):79-82