Russian Heart Failure Journal 2009year NT-proBNP and ischemic genesis chronic heart failure patient survival rate.
NT-proBNP and ischemic genesis chronic heart failure patient survival rate.
Galyavich A.S., Meryasev S. N., Galyavi R.A., Meryaseva R. F.
Urgency. Natriuretic system plays a serious role in gomeostazis regulatory processes. Aim. Investigation of correlation of level of NT-proBNP and with variety of clinical signs and survival rate of CHF patients. Materials and methods. 77 patients with CHF of ischemic genesis with sinus rhythm were enrolled the study. NT-proBNP level was measured. Blood pressure, heart rate, physical exercise intolerance, EchoCG data, and survival rate went through undergoing analyze. Results. In CHF patients of ischemic etiology with sinus rhythm NT-proBNP level do not depends of gender, localization of MI. It;’s higher in older patients with increased BMI, HR, size of left atrium, left ventricular, with low tolerance to physical exercise, with decreased BP and decreased contractility of LV. One year survival in CHF patients and NT-proBNP level higher then 400 fmol/ml is 51,3%.
- de Bold AJ, Boerenstein HB, Veress AT, Sonnenberg H. A rapid and potent natriuretic response to intravenous injection of atrial extracts in rats. Life Sci. 1981; 28 (1):89–94.
- Sudoh T, Kangawa K, Minamino N, Matsuo H. A new natriuretic peptide in porcine brain. Nature. 1988; 332 (6159):78–81.
- Suga S, Nakao K, Hosoda K et al. Receptor selectivity of natriuretic peptide family, atrial natriuretic peptide, brain natriuretic peptide, and C-type natriuretic peptide. Endocrinology. 1992; 130 (1):229‑239.
- Groenning BA, Nilsson JC, Sondergaard L et al. Detection of left ventricular enlargement and impaired systolic function with plasma N-terminal pro brain natriuretic peptide concentrations. Am Heart J. 2002; 143 (5):923‑929.
- Gustafsson F, Badskj J, Hansen FS et al. Value of N-tenninal proBNP in the diagnosis of left ventricular systolic dysfunction in primary care patients referred for echocardiography. Heart Drug. 2003; 3:141‑146.
- Gardner RS, Ozalp F, Murday AJ et al. N-Terminal brain natriuretic peptide: the new gold standard in predicting mortality in patients with advanced heart failure. Eur Heart J. 2003; 24 (19):1735–1743.
- McDonagh TA, Cunningham AD, Morrison CE et al. Left ventricular dysfunction, natriuretic peptides, and mortality in an urban population. Heart. 2001; 86 (l): 21–26.
- Galasko G, Lahiri A, Barnes S et al. What is the normal range for N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide? How well does this normal range screen for cardiovascular disease? Eur Hart J. 2005; 26 (21):2269–2276.
- Johnston N, Jernberg T, Lindahl B et al. Biochemical indicators of cardiac and renal function in a healthy elderly population. Clin Biochem. Clin Biochem. 2004; 37 (3):210‑216.
- Hogenhuis J, Voors AA, Jaarsma T et al. Influence of age on natriuretic peptides in patients with chronic heart failure: a comparison between ANP / NT-ANP and BNP / NT-proBNP. Eur J Heart Fail. 2005; 7 (1):81–86.
- McCord J, Mundy BJ, Hudson MP et al. Relationship between obesity and B-type natriuretic peptide levels. Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164 (20):2247–2252.
- Wang TJ, Larson MG, Levy D. Plasma natriuretic peptide levels and the risk of cardiovascular events and death. N Engl J Med. 2004 12; 350 (7):655‑663.
- Mehra MR, Uber PA, Park MH et al. Obesity and suppressed B-type natriuretic peptide levels in heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43 (9):1590–1595.
- MERIT-HF study group: Effect of metoprolol CR / XL in chronic heart failure: metoprolol CR / XL randomized intervention trial in a congestive heart failure (MERIT-HF). Lancet. 1999; 353 (9169):2001–2007.
- CIBIS – II Investigators and Committees. The Cardiac Insufficiency Bisoprolol Study II (CIBIS – II): a randomized trial. Lancet. 1999; 353 (9146):9–13.
- Opasich C, Rapezzi C, Lucci D et al. Precipitating factors and decision-making processes of short-term worsening heart failure despite «optimal» treatment (from the IN-CHF Registry). Am J Cardiol. 2001; 88 (4):382‑387.
- Aaronson KD, Schwartz JS, Chen TM et al. Development and prospective validation of a clinical index to predict survival in ambulatory patients referred for cardiac transplant evaluation. Circulation. 1997; 95 (12):2660–2667.
- Arnand IS, Fisher LD, Chiang Y-T et al. Changes in brain natriuretic peptide and norepinephrine over time and mortality and morbidity in the valsartan heart failure trial (Val-HeFt). Circulation. 2003; 107 (9):1278–1283.
- Kirk V, Bay M, Parner J et al. N-terminal proBNP and mortality in hospitalised patients with heart failure and preserved vs. reduced systolic function: data from the prospective Copenhagen Hospital Heart Failure Study (CHHF). Eur J Heart Fail. 2004; 6 (3):335‑341.